In 1968 veterinarian Pierre-Richard Dick founded Virbac with the intention of providing veterinarians, pet owners and farmers with effective and innovative animal health solutions. Today, Virbac are still shaping the future of animal health with their products available in over 100 countries worldwide.
Epi Otic is a safe, non irritant, alcohol free ear cleanser for dogs and cats. It works to remove build up of cerumen (wax), pus and debris from the ear canal, allowing medications to penetrate more effectively, aiding the treatment of otitis externa (ear infections). Epi Otic also contains a drying agent to reduce moisture, a predisposing cause for the development of ear infections. It is suitable either for use daily prior to medicated treatments for ear infections, as well as a maintenance treatment weekly and after swimming or bathing to help prevent their recurrence.
- Alcohol free, non irritant ear cleanser for dogs and cats
- Safe, and suitable for regular use
- Removes cerumen (wax), pus and debris from the ear canal
- Contains a drying agent to reduce moisture
- May be used daily prior to medicated treatments as an aid to the treatment of otitis externa (ear infection)
- Helps treat and protect against a range of common pathogens causing ear infections
- Can be used weekly as preventative maintainence to reduce the likelihood of ear infections recurring
- Use after swimming or bathing to reduce moisture build up in the ear
Directions for use:
1. Hold the ear flap and lift it into a vertical position.
2. Aim tip of bottle into the ear canal and squeeze the bottle to apply solution liberally, enabling a flushing action.
3. Without letting go of the ear flap, gently massage the base of the ear, downward and inward in order to disperse Epi-Otic throughout the ear canal for 1 minute. Then allow the pet to shake its head.
4. Remove the excess fluid and debris with a ball of cotton wool or tissue and also clean the inside of the ear flap.
5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 until the excess fluid no longer looks dirty.
Safety information: Ear cleaners, including Epi Otic should not be used in cases where the eardrum is perforated, which can occur during an ear infection. If you suspect your pet has an ear infection check with your vet prior to introducing any medication or solutions to the ear.